Sunday, August 13, 2006

TIME WELL SPENT / SHOUT OUTS

Since it is Sunday morning, here is where I like to go to 'church', and not necessarily on Sunday either. This is a picture of me taken on Friday at a sweet little place called Little Joe Lakes. This majestic scene is in the Babine Range, just east of Smithers.

Aside from that, I want to give shout outs to a few blogs that I always visit. And I encourage you to go check them out if you haven't already.

  • Alanah at Vancouver Canucks Op Ed posted a great piece on what could be the demise of the NHL on CBC. Sheez, I hope that isn't so. I like how Alanah always 'keeps it real', as she also does in her post about the Canucks fall lineup. Should Canuck fans be worried? Go and visit Op Ed!
  • Reality Check at Eyes on the Prize continues to write terrific informative pieces. The latest being about his hockey-playing daughter, a complete transaction list, a Canadiens preview, and the saga of the Gretzky trade in three parts! It's great stuff, go check it out.
  • I still get a kick out of the post about available NHL jobs over at Tapeleg's site-Jerseys and Hockey Love. I guess I'd love to be a mascot. It's a great read, as is his piece on what the Avs need to do to make the playoffs this year. Isn't it great? The Avs are not 'shoe ins' to make the playoffs anymore. Check out the pics of the Moscow Dynamo jersey he owns as well. Great stuff. Dang I love cool jerseys, especially European ones!
    Tapeleg also stirred up the idea of putting the Chat Board in the sidebar, which is a hell of an idea for a hockey blog. Kudos to him. More on Tapeleg tomorrow.
  • Ingmar Bergman has a super-informative post up on the whole Evgeni Malkin saga. This post will tell you everything you need to know about contracts, loopholes, Russian labor laws, the player transfer agreement, etc. And you get an understanding of what really is going on with Malkin and what he's up against.
Have a kickass Sunday everyone!

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 at 5:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice words! Also, that photo is incredible. I used to live a couple hours east of Smithers... Graduated from high school up there, in fact. I forgot how beautiful it is.

 
At August 13, 2006 at 6:54 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

No kidding, east? Now I'm really curious!

 
At August 13, 2006 at 7:50 p.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

Thanks for the huge write up. I was at work today, with two more coming, but have managed to work on the Tag Board. Yours looks great, BTW. I have an idea for it, if I get the cash for the enhanced. Stay tuned.

I'll be staying tuned tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.