Tuesday, August 15, 2006

OLD SCHOOL FACTS

Did you know...

.... the Chicago Black Hawks hold the record for most empty net goals in one game? On April 5, 1970 the Montreal Canadiens needed 3 goals to pull ahead of the Hawks in order to make to the playoffs. So with 10:44 left to play, the Habs pulled their goalie since they had nothing to lose. The Hawks hit the empty net 5 times in 8 minutes, and the Habs hit the golf course for the first time in 22 years!


...the first puck ever to be used in a hockey game was a frozen piece of cow dung?? That's what I read on funny sports facts!

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2006 at 1:04 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

You could be wrong RC! My story could be true! You just don't want to admit to the Habs getting their asses handed to them! LOL!

 
At August 15, 2006 at 2:05 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Thank God for that! They don't need any more Cups than they already have!

 
At August 15, 2006 at 2:14 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

That site also says that hockey has been around for 3 centuries.

 
At August 16, 2006 at 1:43 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember sitting at my grandma's during that game, I was eight years old at the time and wondering why in the hell they were not forcing the trap more. I spent the whole game freaking out, perplexed as to why Rod Seiling wouldn't pass the puck. I ended up driving my dads car to New York and killing Syl Apps and Vic Hadfield outside a bar in West Albany that night. Hang on, I might be making this up......

PS. Tim Horton lives right down the street from my house... I go there everyday and he scores me a java.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.