Tuesday, August 29, 2006

BEST PICTURE FROM A STANLEY CUP TOUR
















So I found this awesome picture at angelfire.com and I'm not sure of it's truthful origin. But this is the best picture I've seen with an NHL player spending time with Stanley. Scott Niedermayer would have brought the Cup to Cranbrook anyway I'm sure, but it was reported he also did it to boost the morale of firefighters who were fighting a nearby forest fire. Good stuff.
The residents of Cranbrook see their fair share of Cup visits, especially with the likes of Scott Niedermayer, Steve Yzerman, John Klemm, and Brad Lukowich winning the trophy in recent years.
But since I'm a hiker who appreciates these views, and love living in the beautiful province of British Columbia, this is my favorite celebratory Stanley Cup picture yet!

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 at 1:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Nieds won the cup in 2000 (I think), he brought it to the top of Fisher Peak, in Cranbrook, BC. So it's possible the photo is of undoctored origin.

 
At August 29, 2006 at 1:25 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Funny, I was just on your site, Isabella! The link is fixed now on my roll.
Ah yes, Fisher Peak! It is from 2000 yes. Have you been there? Nice spot, incredible picture. Imagine if he dropped it from up there..it would make Cup history for sure!

 
At August 29, 2006 at 6:03 a.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

I want to say that (a) yes, the picture is undoctored, but (b) I believe he helicoptered in as opposed to any actual hiking.

I wonder where he took his Norris Trophy, to the ocean floor?

 
At July 29, 2020 at 10:16 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

The most epic photo. Of course the Stanley cup was helicoptered in. There's no way he would be allowed hiked up there with the cup strapped to his back. It made the kootenays proud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.