Friday, August 18, 2006

ANOTHER DICK LEAVES EDMONTON / MORE NEWS

Of course, it wasn't much of a suprise that Dick Tarnstrom was going to leave, as he was an unrestricted free agent. However there were some hopes that he would sign with the Oilers again nevertheless, as he did fairly well in the playoffs.
Tarnstrom has signed a contract with Lugano of the Swiss Elite League.
Apparently Tarnstrom was looking for too much money this coming season, and no teams were biting. It remains to be seen how much he'll make in the Swiss League.
The Oilers now have lost key veterans from their defensive lineup, but they remain confident in their D as they have two new guns named Ladislav Smid and Jan Hejda. Of course Mactavish and Lowe will say they are confident, but you just can't lose guys like Pronger, Spacek, and perhaps Tarnstrom without losing a little sleep at night.
/>

**Hurricanes C Cory Stillman will not play hockey for the next 3-4 months as he is recovering from shoulder surgery. This is a big blow to the Canes' offence, but look for newly acquired Scott Walker to play on the #2 line in Stillman's absence

**The Canucks have officially signed D Rory Fitzpatrick to a contract today. This will give them a bit of room to play on defence if one of the younger D don't pan out, namely Luc Bourdon or Kevin Bieksa, or if injuries occur.

10 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 at 10:01 a.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Usually when I come up with such a strong headline, I try not to eff it up by writing a story, but you done good, Z.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 11:50 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Thanks. I'm still new at this, but I always gotta put my 3 cents in! I was just imagining the sick photoshop image I could make out of that, but elected to squash that idea!
Plus I need to hone my photoshop skills.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 12:09 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

If you are going to dick around with photoshop, I hope your skills are boned... errr, honed also.

After our discussion last week regarding the pay rates in Europe, it makes me wonder what he'll make as well. Seems like even a minimum wage contract in the NHL is higher than what he'd get in Switzerland. Oh well, good riddance to bad rubbish, I suppose.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 12:41 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I'm thinking Tarnstrom wanted nothing less than 2.5 minimal,no NHL team obliged, and that he only went to Europe because his mommy was there.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 12:58 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Sure, then we put an NC-17 label on here! I kid.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 3:37 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

It would need more than that. LOL! I got a kick out Ingmar's 'There's mutherfucking canucks on the mutherfucking golf course' post. It made us look like Sesame Street!

 
At August 18, 2006 at 5:22 p.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

ingmar is one cool cat, that's for sure. Hell, I was pro-Sweden before I saw his site.

I wonder if he's as big a Sammy Pahlsson fan as I am.

 
At August 18, 2006 at 6:37 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

by the way, its "Fitz Rorypatrick"

M'heh!

 
At August 18, 2006 at 8:27 p.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

M'heh!

Maybe I'm ignorant, but does this mean any thing?

Does it help if I say it aloud?

 
At August 19, 2006 at 3:31 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

yes it does! but it sounds like 'meh!'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.