Monday, August 07, 2006

Although my learned partner prefers to post while influenced by the Captain's spiced goodness, I prefer to make my predictions with a pounding rum headache. "Hangovers create clear thinking"....I read that somewhere, probably on a bathroom floor.



1) The Ducks and Sharks will suffer because of Goalie woes. Kinda like edmonton last year.

2) The Wild will suprise many a team this year when they finally realize it's the new NHL.

3) The Canuck's new defensive style, combined with a the best goalie in hockey will be the only team in the west with a plus .500 road record.

4) Eric Lindros will play a whole season and will be the "sleeper" UFA signing of the year.

5) Gary Roberts will end up back in Toronto.....................retiring after training camp injury.

6) Flames will have a shabby season after exchanging tuffness(Simon) for the likes of Jeff Freisen.

7) None of the "big dollar" Defenseman signings will pay off.

8) Anson Carter plays in Europe after pricing himself out of the market.

9) Thornton trade pays off for the Bruins this year.

10) Marion Gaborik wins the scoring race.........or Kovalchuk.

9 Comments:

At August 7, 2006 at 1:39 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Wow, I completely disagree with you except for #8 and #9. The Bruins will definitely see the payoff of the Thornton trade this year! I wonder if Carter would go to Europe. Hope he stays in Van.

 
At August 7, 2006 at 1:44 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Lindros play a whole season??? And you make fun of my trust in Roberts or Belfour??!!

 
At August 7, 2006 at 1:56 p.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

3) The Canuck's new defensive style, combined with the best goalie in hockey will be the only team in the west with a plus .500 road record.

You forgot to say, "to miss the playoffs".

 
At August 7, 2006 at 2:42 p.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

I will say this. It is much braver to put together predictions without cowering behind your latest bottle of alcohol ("My BAC picked the Avalanche, not me").

That said, I can't wait to see what my BAC picks this year!

 
At August 7, 2006 at 3:44 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

HAHAHA, I stand by all the predictions I made! It's not like I just made those up on the spot! My predictions under the influence make more sense than Hodge's sober predictions!

 
At August 7, 2006 at 3:47 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Actually the tough one is predicting the Rangers won't make the playoffs. Perhaps the Devils won't make it and the Rangers will!

 
At August 7, 2006 at 3:48 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

You are foolish for thinking so lowly of the Devils. They still have the second best goalie in the world.

 
At August 7, 2006 at 4:18 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Oh, well where do you rate Luongo? He didn't make the playoffs!

 
At August 7, 2006 at 9:39 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Oh, so that really must have clouded your judgement! You were in worse shape than me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.