Friday, July 21, 2006

BOUNCE BACK ??


I originally decided to be a contributer to this blog because someone had to keep Zanstorm from slanting the truth with his skewed blue and white beliefs. Until meeting Zanstorm, I was just another westerner who disliked the Leafs and Leaf fans for no other reason than generally disliking everyone I've met from Ontario.
One thing I'm noticing quickly, is how similar our plight as fans truly is. I hope the similarities end this year though, as I don't see the Leafs making the playoffs again this season.

With this in mind, I'm starting a weekly article on players I feel need a bounce back year to enable our respective teams to make the playoffs this year.
Last year, I thought Jeff ONeill was really going to prove something after a poor season in Carolina, the season before. I even bet Zanstorm he was going to hit the 70 point mark (oops, still owe $10 bucks). Had Jeff performed to his potential and won me that bet, Zanstorm was going to eat the pocket off of his jacket which would have been priceless. I'm not sure what it's going to take to get a fire lit under Jeff's ass this year, hopefully Paul Maurice can get him going again!!

5 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Our plights are similar with our teams missing the playoffs, and what was the similarity with our teams' lackluster defence (mostly coaching). But you have to admire what the Crawford did with the youth of the Canuck team. He brought them along really well. He raised them like children. In Leafland, we sacrificed youth for quick-fix veterans to push for Lord Stanley. Amazingly, we still have guys like Ondrus, Colaiacovo, Harrison, and Wellwood left in the system.

 
At July 21, 2006 at 12:46 p.m. , Blogger Robert L said...

Ah c'mon guys those 4 Leafs aren't "in the system" they are on the team. Ondrus and Harrison won't amount to much, Colaiacovo needs to play anywhere and get regular minutes and Ellwood I'd say has arrived. The "system" needs replenishing big time and those names are in the lineup because there isn't much choice in the matter.

As far as O'Neil goes, make that bet again - he won't be turning you into a moth anytime soon!

 
At July 21, 2006 at 1:24 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Yeah I used the term 'in the system' lightly....
Hey, there still is Suglobov!
I think Ondrus and Harrison will be reliable, further down the depth chart.
O'Neil? Hmm, I never make the same bet twice! But I have lost a lot of hope in him.
But you are right, there isn't much left on the Marlies!

 
At July 21, 2006 at 5:53 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Whoa, Hodge, maybe you shouldn't have told him about this...ha!
Tony Twist? You are biased because you live across the street from his grandmother...or whatever.
I'm trying to find footage of the Bullies beating on the Ruskies, but I can't find it yet.
Sheez, Man, you sound like my dad. He always said the same things about Orr, Espo, etc. But the one thing about the old NHL that was sadly lacking was skilled Europeans! Admit it!

 
At July 22, 2006 at 10:31 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't, he's been stalking me ever since I hacked him down in a street hockey game in '74, leaving him paralized from the calf down in one leg. I told him, "yeah sure, you can be the Kansas City Scouts, I'll be the Flyers".

PS.
Whats Tony doing these days besides falling off motorcycles and suing people??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.