Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Scott Niedermayer may retire this summer

''Scott has indicated that he's thinking about retirement,'' Ducks GM Brian Burke told The Canadian Press on Tuesday.

And why not? He has practically done it all: Stanley Cup, Memorial Cup, world junior gold, men's world gold, Olympic gold, World Cup of Hockey title, Conn Smythe Trophy and Norris Trophy.
Then again, he is only 33 years old. But where would his motivations or
inspirations lie now in order to continue playing? He has reached his goals.
Scott Stevens (via TSN) had this to say:

''When I was playing with him, he never seemed, in my opinion, like he was planning on playing that long, or as long as I did,'' Stevens, who played 22 NHL seasons, told CP on Tuesday. ''I kept saying to him, `You'll have no trouble surpassing my amount of games and this and that.' And he'd say, `Oh no, you won't see me doing that.' But there's no question the guy can play as long as he wants.''


Time will soon tell.

T Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.