Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Leafs have less White and more Green

Ian White suffered a separated shoulder in last night's 4-1 loss to the Hurricanes, and will be out of action for the next 3-4 weeks. The injury occured when the Cane's Chad Larose hit White into the boards while both of them were chasing the puck for a potential icing call. White joins the increasing Leafs' injury list that includes:
Mike Peca (broken leg)
Darcy Tucker (foot)
Kyle Wellwood (groin)
Alexei Ponikarovsky (shoulder)
Nik Antropov (sprained ankle)
Andy Wozniewski (shoulder)

Will the Leafs be able to overcome these injuries?

The Leafs also claimed Travis Green off of waivers from Anaheim today. Green joins the Leafs for a 2nd time and is a welcomed addition to the Buds' 3rd or 4th line.

''To the say the least, I'm excited,'' Green told The Canadian Press. ''You look around the league, I don't think there's a team I would feel more comfortable coming to than Toronto. I loved my time there and I really look forward to it, hopefully getting a chance to help out in any way I can.''
It's good to have Green back, even though I hope the Leafs don't start bringing in too many veterans again!
Green was a part of the Leafs team that went to the Conference finals in 2002.

3 Comments:

At January 10, 2007 at 7:41 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greens, Greens, Gre-e-e-ens, GREENS!

Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is GREEEEEEEN!

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. I hope he does really well, because you know the fans will welcome him back for sure.

 
At January 10, 2007 at 10:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zan, the new look is good. Nice job.

It would be so much better if you got rid of all the Cansucks and Maple Laffs stuff though!

:-)

 
At January 11, 2007 at 1:40 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Matt-You frickin' Flamer! I'd rather be stabbed with a dull butter knife than cheer for those bastard Flames.
If Gilmour came out of retirement and donned a Flames jersey....then...MAYBE!!!
The only time I ever cheered for the Flames was in 1986 and 1989 because I couldn't find it within myself to cheer for the damned Canadiens!

Jin- "Only trouble is..gee whiz..I'm dreaming my life away!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.