Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Vancouver Sun hands out report cards to Canucks

I missed it, but the Sun asked readers to rate their Canucks. The following are the highest voted rating of each player.

Markus Naslund: B
Henrik Sedin: B
Dan Sedin: B
Brendan Morrison: C
Matt Cooke: D
Taylor Pyatt: B
Sami Salo: B
Mattias Ohlund: B
Kevin Bieksa: B
Willie Mitchell: B
Bobby Luongo: B
Dany Sabourin: D

What do you think? Are you in agreement?
I disagree on a couple.
Matt Cooke shouldn't be a D, he should be an F
Pyatt, I would drop to a C, or a C+
I think the Canucks' D is pretty sweet. I would rank Mitchell, Bieksa, and perhaps even Ohlund at an A.

4 Comments:

At December 28, 2006 at 9:07 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bieksa gets an A. Mitchell can stay at a B or a high C, same with Ohlund. But Bieksa came out of no where in his first year and that's huge. Plus, unlike most of the forwards, he scores ;)

 
At December 28, 2006 at 12:20 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

True that!
I'll disagree and keep Mitchell with an A, because we aren't really expecting him to score are we?

 
At December 28, 2006 at 12:26 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right. It would be great if he could! Plus, there are times the cynical side of me feels like he looks slow...not Hatcher slow, but eerily similar to it.

The real disappointment is Ohlund. Not that's he awful, but I was hoping he'd emerge from Jovo's shadow and be a much more dominant defenseman then he us. Like even last night, Kobasew's first or second interference against Lui and Ohlund was right there and didn't react to his goalie being flattened. Little things like that concern me if this team squeezed into the post season. That's where Bieksa is even more valuable to me...he has a bit more passion.

...ending rant...

 
At December 28, 2006 at 3:02 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Agreed! I thought Ohlund would emerge as well. Now he looks expendible.
Bieksa is absolute gold right now, regardless of what Temujin thinks :)
If Mitchell is slow, I haven't even noticed it yet. But now that you said that, I'll be watching for that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.