Thursday, December 14, 2006

Canucks 3 Flames 1: Burnout!

Unreal. That was a phenomenal game by the Canuckleheads. Despite a few defensive lapses, like Nazzy's bad D on Lombardi's goal and the odd breakaway chances by guys like Iginla, the Nucks read my memo and performed superb. Iginla, Tanguay, and Langkow were held in check for the majority of the night. ZERO points for all of them, 3 shots by Iginla, 2 shots by Langkow, and ZERO shots by Tanguay. Nice work, especially by Mitchell, who had the task of covering Jarome.
How was Bobby Lu? GREAT! Luongo stopped 21 of 22 Calgary shots, many of the spectacular variety. He was steady no doubt.
No matter what lady luck threw at the Canucks, like a disallowed goal because Burrows 'interfered' with Kiprusoff (a bogus call), the Canucks didn't lose composure and kept pressing, eventually being rewarded with a Morrison goal in the 3rd to salt this one away. What a sweet goal that was....a slapper to the top shelf after a feed from Cooke.
My mind is all over the place with this game...
Bulis stayed with the Sedins all night, for once, and played well all night.
Trevor Linden is really far out of the doghouse now. I thought he played alot more than the 11:19 icetime he got. Trevor is getting critical icetime on the PP even. Good for him.
I think Krajicek was an unsung hero tonight. He made a ton of key plays defensively.
You have to love the Canucks' penalty killing tonight, or love the Flames limp effort on the PP. Whatever. The Canucks killed 6 straight penalties in the 2nd period.
Both teams finished 0 for 8 on the PP.

Zanstorm's 3 stars:

1. Luongo.
2. Morrison.
3. Kracijek

Bulis suckometer:

Bulis is good lately. 0/10

6 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 at 5:08 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to admit the Canucks played well. Luongo made key saves when needed. That Burrows needs a punch in the head though.

The Flames PP continues to look horrible. I hope Hamrlik is allright. He's actually been pretty good this season.

I hope they can turn it around for the rest of their road trip.

By the way, Merry Christmas to you all!

 
At December 15, 2006 at 6:26 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact they didn't implode after Kipper's tantrum and the ensuing powerplay was huge. Thank god they didn't score after that I would have been furious.

Here's looking at three in row come Saturday night.

 
At December 15, 2006 at 8:03 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. This is Pete, one of the founders of Yardbarker (www.yardbarker.com). I couldn't find your email address, but I'd like to speak to you about the linking program that we're doing with a bunch of sports bloggers. It's basically a way for you to get a lot more sports fans reading your best posts. Would you mind contacting me at pete@yardbarker.com so I can email you with more info? Thanks.

Pete

 
At December 15, 2006 at 11:45 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Matt- I like Burrrows. He's a Jarko Ruutu-type now, even tho I was hoping he'd be a Stan Smyl-type!
It's never good to lose a D-man who logs alot of icetime, but here's hoping Hammer is done!
Merry Christmas to you and your other half as well!

Mike- I had a bad feeling that Calgary WAS going to score after that. Thankfully the Nucks were resilient and killed that PP off. That was the dumbest call I've seen this year, or one of them.

Beaner- I know, sorry I didn't give you props for that in the post.

 
At December 15, 2006 at 1:54 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zan - I'd probably like him (Burrows) if he played for Calgary. He's annoying, just like Ruutu!! I think "pest" is what they're called.

 
At December 15, 2006 at 4:23 p.m. , Blogger Temujin said...

Matt, "pest" is what we often referred to your wife as :-) And you can tell her I said that!

Merry Christmas to you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.