Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ONE RUMOUR AWAY FROM SNAPPING

Is this season different, or is it just me on the verge
of trade rumour overdose.?? Don't get me wrong,
I like a little friendly arm chair manager "what ifs"
as well as the next guy, but holy christ, this shit is
getting stupid. Two years ago, no one would gave
a rats ass where Dumont went, or cared If Carter
fell off the face of the earth. Is the pressure of the
salary cap on teams, making the rumour mill churn
that much more, or has reality TV caused us to want
to live everyone elses lives for them.?? As a long time
Canuck fan I've had to live with small city,small market
syndrome long enough to know we will be hoping, more
than knowing we're going to get in the playoffs.
Would I like to see Nonis trade the whole team away
for underpaid,overachieving budding superstars??
Darn tootin, I would, but Jesus H Christmas, why do
we all have to get riled up with every "E numeral"
so called "heard it from a reliable source close to"
rumour fabricated. I'm just glad Pronger got his
wish and got traded fast, as I would have killed myself
by now if I had to hear about the possible (E3) five way
trade including Crosby, Ovechkin, Carter, Dumont and
the freaking Sedin twins getting seperated to make
the deal happen. Phew, I feel a lot better now.

PS. I don't want to here about a trade unless it's a done
deal and my response can be "no fucking way".

20 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 at 11:41 p.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

I hate rumors. They are only as good as you last one.

But, your teams have things worth trading away. Not me!!!

 
At August 23, 2006 at 11:56 p.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

I heard a rumor they're making a movie about the lockout, with Martin Short as Bettman. e1

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:37 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

I hear they are making a movie about the Battle of California. Unfortunately, it only features one blogger.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:37 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

Yeah, Opening Night Smack Chat is going to kick ass.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:44 a.m. , Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Unfortunately, it only features one blogger.

Heh, I'm just keepin' the meter running.

Besides, I've got multiple personalities.

(and so do I.)

That makes my rumor now an e2.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 1:14 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

We'll advertise it too so more people join in!

That is one hell of a sentence.

Frankly, if nobody shows up, I'm quitting this blogging thing, and sticking to commenting only.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 7:38 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read on a site that Naslund was playing in Russia this year and we're trading for Crosby (we will need a captain of course)....eeks, never saw it coming. lol

 
At August 24, 2006 at 8:39 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

I hear The Leafs are trading the entire team to Vancouver for their entire roster.

No one will notice.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 8:41 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE YOUR TEAM LOSE TO THE lEAFS 8 TIMES YEAR WOULD YOU.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 8:44 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add "this" between TIMES and YEAR. I should learn how to type. lol

 
At August 24, 2006 at 8:58 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

The more I think of it, the more I think the Leafs are going to finish with a better record than the Nucks this year.
I should stop thinking...

 
At August 24, 2006 at 9:28 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

Crosby for Lindros. e9

 
At August 24, 2006 at 9:46 a.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Lindros out with a concussion in October..(e5)

 
At August 24, 2006 at 9:52 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

Lindros eats Mike Modano (l3)

 
At August 24, 2006 at 10:24 a.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

On the XBox

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:19 p.m. , Blogger Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Rumor: Kukla (god bless his new gig) will get into "internal trouble" sometime during the season.

The Corporation (NHL) will not want their readers exposed to bloggers. You know those whowrite with an "unspun" passion for the game.

Can you imagine the NHL.com frontpage featuring those excellent images of Domi or Allison under the header "Where are they now?" come November?

Rumor two: Iron Mike eats a kid sometime during the season.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:40 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

hODGE, hODGE, hODGE. You poke at my Oiler story and then say Lindros plays all year?? Holy hell!

Lindros sure as hell won't play 82 games on the Xbox, unless you turn 'injuries' off! LOL! Otherwise the AI will make sure Lindros gets injured.

 
At August 24, 2006 at 12:59 p.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

How is Lindros going to hurt himself playing XBox? Lightly graze his temple with the controler?

 
At August 24, 2006 at 3:31 p.m. , Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

"How is Lindros going to hurt himself playing XBox? Lightly graze his temple with the controler? "

Sometimes I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

I meant IN the XBOX game. But Lindros could hurt himself playing XBOX as well I'm sure. He could probably THINK HIMSELF into a concussion at this point!

 
At August 24, 2006 at 3:37 p.m. , Blogger Tapeleg said...

"Sometimes I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not."

Then my work here is done.

Did you know that Lindros is Egyptian for migrane?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Waiting For Stanley was created in June 2006.